Big Bold Seascapes
Come and learn how to capture the crashing energy of ocean waves breaking on our rocky shores. This all level watercolor class gives step-by-step demonstrations as the popular Instructor - Dusty Knight- guides you along the process of making your own unique watercolor painting. Dusty will share some cool watercolor techniques - like using plastic wrap and razor blades to suggest fabulous textures - just perfect for the rough New England rocks. Whether you are an artist or a beginner - this workshop will be a fun, informative and creative experience.
Space is limited! Registration Required.
Pre-registration required by Wednesday September 25, 2019
Cost:NHAA Members $45 / Non-Members $50
Call or pay online at nhartassociation.org. If paying by check, make payable to the New Hampshire Art Association (you must indicate “Dustan Knight Workshop” in the comments). Bring in or mail to New Hampshire Art Association, 136 State Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
· single blade razor blade ( or old credit card )
· roll of plastic wrap ( saran wrap )
· assorted watercolor brushes watercolor paper - larger than 8 x 10 , prefer ARCHES COLD PRESS 140 lb. ( either attached to a block of paper, or bring a support board to tape the paper down on)
· extra scrap watercolor paper - smaller pieces that you can practice on
· masking tape
· pencil and eraser
. two plastic water containers
· assorted watercolor paints including blues, greens, yellows and browns and purples
· plastic watercolor palette
For more information:call 603-421-4230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Instructor:
DUSTAN KNIGHT is a professional artist (MFA / Pratt Institute & MA / Boston University in Art History.)(UCLA - Summer) ( TA Academy in Rome /Pratt)
Knight works in an intuitive, process style that pushes her materials and depends on her many years of visual study and creative experience to achieve her signature looseness and dramatic color exchanges. Lyrical movement and elegant composition are consistent elements of her artistic vocabulary.